Our online inquiry process is easy, efficient, and popular with clients. Routine tasks are now handled exclusively online supplemented by phone. No office visit is necessary for initial consultations, entity formations, asset protection reviews, and most document preparation tasks. Our process:
(1) Article. We suggest that you read our web article pertaining to your legal issue to learn about the law applicable to your case. See our library of articles.
(2) Inquiry. Briefly describe your case or situation. Who is involved? When and where does it occur? What dollar amount is involved? Also, what is the goal of your inquiry – a consultation? Document preparation? Asset protection or LLC formation?
(3) Response. Our response will be in the form of brief preliminary emailed comments (not a formal consultation or legal opinion).
(4) You Choose What Happens Next. If you are ready to order a document, service, or other specific item, please do so and make the appropriate payment. If you do not know what document you need or what legal steps should be taken, then you should choose a residential, investor, or commercial consultation or an asset protection review (APR). Read an explanation of our online consultation process.
(5) Advance Payment Required. Secure Paypal and Visa/Mastercard payment options are available. You may want to include (for example) "consultation" or "deed preparation" in the payment description field. The system will generate an email acknowledgement for you if payment is successfully processed. Direct deposit to Wells Fargo is also offered.
(6) Supporting Documents. Please email or fax copies after you monetarily retain us (not before, since we will not yet have set up your file).
(7) Our Service Follows. If a consultation, we analyze and discuss your case in an email dialogue format, supplemented afterward by phone if required. Document preparation requests go into our queue in order of payment.
(8) Turnaround. Our goal is a two business day turnaround. Reasonable follow-up questions and document changes are included within three calendar days up to the maximum allotted time for the service.
Our goal is complete transparency as to legal services and fees, so please ask if in doubt. If you know what you need, we are ready to respond promptly. Just choose the item and make payment which places your file in our queue. However, if you are uncertain of the law, would like your case or situation evaluated, need to have existing documentation reviewed, or wish to discuss your legal options, then a paid consultation is your best first step. Consultations are handled online, in the form of an email dialogue between attorney and client, which may be spread over three calendar days up to one hour of attorney time. Categories of initial consultations offered:
Residential/Personal. Pertaining to one’s residence/homestead (buying or selling, lien issues, and the like) or personal legal issues. $250 for sales price or legal issues up to $600,000; $350 from $600,000 to $1.1M; $450 over $1.1M.
Commercial/Real Estate Investor/General Business. Pertaining to a single case or legal issue – not an asset protection review (see below). Fees are $350 for issues up to $600,000; $600,000 to $1.1M - $450; $1.1M to $5M - $550; in excess of $5M - $650.
Asset Protection Review ("APR"). The APR is an analysis of circumstances and goals with recommendations for action. It is a good starting point if a client is uncertain about what action to take regarding a business/investment structure or defending assets. The APR is an email dialogue between attorney and client (rather than a formal report) which must occur within the immediate time frame (three calendar days, up to two hours) to be included. APR fees are $650 for issues up to $600,000; $600,000 to $1.1M - $850; $1.1M to $5M - $1,500; in excess of $5M - $2,500.
Litigation Review. For review and evaluation of pending or threatened litigation: Fees are $650 for issues up to $600,000; $600,000 to $1.1M - $850; $1.1M to $5M - $1,500; in excess of $5M - $2,500.
What to Expect
In a consultation of any type, documents are reviewed, the case is evaluated, options are explained, and a course of action is recommended. Our goal with consultations is to thoroughly discuss the legal issues involved and respond to your questions. It is not necessary to set a specific appointment time. Both consultation requests and document preparation requests go into our queue in the order in which payment is made. Turn-around time on consultations and most document preparation projects is usually about two business days from the time we receive all necessary information and payment from the client. Copies of supporting documents can be emailed or faxed to (832) 201-5327. A supplementary phone call is available after the email discussion but is limited to 20 minutes. For more details:
Detailed description of a Residential or Commercial Consultation
Detailed description of an Asset Protection Review
Cases We Handle
Our practice focuses on Texas residential and commercial real estate transactions, including a wide range of document preparation for individuals, investors, and businesses. In the area of asset protection, we form traditional LLCs and series LLCs in Texas and Nevada; general and limited partnerships; living trusts and land trusts; and many more related items.
Cases We Do Not Handle
We do not handle construction law, condominium law, zoning law, or HOA law (all sub-specialties); bankruptcy or other federal matters; probate of wills and estates (except for affidavits of heirship); securities law; divorce; patent or copyright law; immigration; insurance law; or tax law. Our firm is not affiliated with a title company, so we do not conduct title searches or issue title policies. Finally, we do not offer tax or accounting advice. Please consult a qualified tax advisor in conjunction with seeking legal advice.
Please visit Fees & Policies for terms of service that apply to all clients in place of individual fee agreements or engagement letters. Fees and policies are subject to change without notice or requirement that they first be posted on this website.
Online providers of goods and services from Amazon to eBay require advance payment, and we do as well. Options include credit/debit and Paypal. Visa and Mastercard are securely and confidentially processed through Wells Fargo Merchant Services, so this office does not see your card information. Wire and direct deposit to Wells Fargo are also available. Sorry, we do not accept personal or business checks including e-checks; installment payment plans; pre-paid legal insurance; or Chase Quick Pay.
New cases are prioritized in the order in which payment is received. We value your inquiry, but do not open a file, download and read attachments, or begin work until payment is made and we accept your case.
Business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, holidays excepted. This is how we define a business day for purposes of turnaround. Evening emails are considered received on the next business day.
Please provide a concise summary of your case so we can determine if there is a good match between your legal issues and the professional services we provide. We sincerely want to hear about your case but respectfully make the following requests:
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form to request free legal advice. Advising on real estate law and asset protection is our core business for which we charge.
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form simply to ask that we call you. Responses to initial inquiries are by email only.
Thank you for following our online process and limiting your initial inquiry to 200 words. Your inquiry is confidential. Our response may come from a legal assistant or one of our qualified associated attorneys. We look forward to being of service to you and resolving your legal issues.
All inquiries and new cases are processed exclusively by means of the above Client Inquiry Form, not by phone or in the office. For online security reasons, we do not respond to initial inquiries that are sent directly to our firm's email address. Our main phone is (713) 621-3100 – but again, please use the form for your initial contact. Our fax number is (832) 201-5321. For our address, see Location.