Our online inquiry process is easy, efficient, and popular with clients (read our many five-star Google reviews). Routine tasks are now handled exclusively online supplemented by phone if necessary. This includes initial consultations, entity formations, asset protection reviews, and most document preparation. Our process:
(1) Article. We suggest that you read our web article pertaining to your legal issue to learn about the law applicable to your case. See our library of articles.
(2) Inquiry. Briefly describe your case or situation. Who is involved? When and where does it occur? What dollar amount is involved? Also, what is the goal of your inquiry – a consultation? Document preparation? Asset protection or LLC formation?
(3) Response. Our response will be in the form of brief preliminary comments (not a consultation or legal opinion).
(4) You Choose What Happens Next. If you are ready to order a document, service, or other specific item, please do so and make the appropriate payment. If you do not know what document you need or what legal steps should be taken, then you should choose a residential, investor, or commercial consultation or an asset protection review (APR). Click here for a detailed explanation of our online consultation process.
(5) Advance Payment Required. Secure Paypal and Visa/Mastercard payment options are available. You may want to include (for example) "consultation" or "deed preparation" in the payment description field. The system will generate an email acknowledgement to you if payment is successfully processed. Direct deposit to Wells Fargo is also offered.
(6) Supporting Documents. Please email or fax copies after you monetarily retain us (not before, since we will not yet have set up your file). Transmit documents in conventional scan/email fashion, each as a whole document, rather than sending pages as separate attachments (cumbersome for the recipient). For this reason, we ask that you not use jpeg format. And please avoid "data dumps" by including only relevant items. Excessively large or irrelevant document transmissions may result in a switch to our hourly rate.
(7) Our Service Follows. If a consultation, we analyze and discuss your case in a dialogue format by email (no videoconferencing available at this time). If a request for documents, then this will go into our queue in order of payment.
(8) Turnaround. Our goal is a one to two business day turnaround on consultations and document preparation projects. For timing purposes, all emails received after 5:00 p.m. CST are considered to be next business day communications. Reasonable follow-up questions and document changes are included within three calendar days, up to the time allowed (an hour for consults, two hours for APRs), after which consultations automatically conclude and any documents we have delivered are automatically considered final.
Click here for a comprehensive list of services and fees. Our goal is complete transparency, so please ask if in doubt. If you know what services or documents you need, we are ready to respond promptly. Just choose the item and make payment, which will place your file in our queue. However, if you are uncertain of the law, would like your case or situation evaluated, need to have existing documentation reviewed, or wish to discuss your legal options, then a paid consultation is your best first step. Categories of initial consultations offered:
Residential/Personal. Pertaining to one’s residence/homestead (buying or selling, lien issues, and the like) or personal legal issues. $250 for sales price or legal issues up to $600,000; $350 from $600,000 to $1.1M; $450 over $1.1M.
Commercial/Real Estate Investor/General Business. Pertaining to a single case or legal issue – not an asset protection review (see below). Fees are $350 for issues up to $600,000; $600,000 to $1.1M - $450; $1.1M to $5M - $550; in excess of $5M - $650.
Asset Protection Review ("APR"). The APR is an analysis of circumstances and goals with recommendations for action. It is a good starting point if a client is uncertain about what action to take regarding a business/investment structure or defending assets. It addresses a broad range of issues. We ask that you provide us in advance with a concise list of assets and liabilities (not full financials) as well as any legal action that may be pending or threatened. Please limit your supporting document transmission to a concise summary with only relevant items attached, since our “reasonableness standard” applies to the quantity of this documentation. Very large document transmissions may result in switching from a flat fee to our hourly rate. Note that the APR is in the format of a dialogue between attorney and client (rather than a formal report) which must occur within the immediate time frame (three calendar days) to be included in the flat fee. APR fees are $650 for issues up to $600,000; $600,000 to $1.1M - $850; $1.1M to $5M - $1,500; in excess of $5M - $2,500.
Litigation Review. For review and evaluation of pending or threatened litigation: Fees are $650 for issues up to $600,000; $600,000 to $1.1M - $850; $1.1M to $5M - $1,500; in excess of $5M - $2,500.
What to Expect
In a consultation of any type, documents are reviewed, the case is evaluated, options are explained, and a course of action is recommended. Our goal with consultations is to thoroughly discuss the legal issues involved and respond to your questions. It is not necessary to set a specific appointment time. Both consultation requests and document preparation requests go into our queue in the order in which payment is made. Turn-around time on consultations and most document preparation projects is usually one to two business days from the time we receive all necessary information and payment from the client. Copies of supporting documents can be emailed or faxed to (832) 201-5327. A supplementary phone call is available after the email discussion but is limited to 20 minutes. For more details:
Detailed description of a Residential or Commercial Consultation
Detailed description of an Asset Protection Review
Cases We Handle
Our practice includes Texas real estate transactions (residential, investor, and commercial) and a wide range of document preparation; business contracts and transactions; entity formation including partnerships, joint ventures, and LLCs (Texas and Nevada); living trusts and land trusts; and many more related items.
Cases We Do Not Handle
We do not handle construction law, condominium law, zoning law, or HOA law (all sub-specialties); bankruptcy or other federal matters; probate of wills and estates (except for affidavits of heirship); securities law; divorce; patent or copyright law; immigration; insurance law; or tax law. Our firm is not affiliated with a title company, so we do not conduct title searches or issue title policies. Finally, we do not offer tax or accounting advice. Please consult a qualified tax advisor in conjunction with seeking legal advice.
Please visit Fees & Policies for terms of service that apply to all clients in place of individual fee agreements or engagement letters. Fees and policies are subject to change without notice or requirement that they first be posted on this website.
Online providers of goods and services from Amazon to eBay require advance payment, and we do as well. Secure payment options include credit/debit and Paypal. Visa and Mastercard are handled by Wells Fargo merchant card processing, so your card information remains confidential. Wire and direct deposit to Wells Fargo are also available. Sorry, we do not accept personal or business checks including e-checks; installment payment plans; pre-paid legal insurance; or Chase Quick Pay.
New cases are prioritized in the order in which payment is received. We value your inquiry, but do not open a file, download and read attachments, or begin work until payment is made and we accept your case.
Business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, holidays excepted. We are available to receive and respond to inquiries and emails during these hours, and this is how we define a "business day" for purposes of turnaround. Evening emails from clients are considered received on the next business day.
Please provide a concise summary of your case so we can determine if there is a good match between your legal issues and the professional services we provide. We sincerely want to hear about your case but respectfully make the following requests:
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form to request free legal advice. Advising on real estate law and asset protection is our core business for which we charge. We do not respond to requests for free legal advice.
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form simply to ask that we call you. A phone call may be included as part of a paid online consult; however, no free attorney telephone time is available. Responses to initial inquiries are by email only.
Thank you for following our online process and limiting your initial inquiry to 200 words. Your inquiry is confidential. Our response may come from a legal assistant or one of our qualified associated attorneys. We look forward to being of service to you and resolving your legal issues.
All inquiries and new cases are processed exclusively by means of the above Client Inquiry Form, not by phone or in the office. Our main phone is (713) 621-3100 – but again, please use the form for your initial contact. Our fax number is (832) 201-5321. For our address, see Location.