Our online inquiry process is easy, efficient, and popular with clients (read our more than 70 five-star Google reviews). Routine tasks are handled exclusively online (not in the office) supplemented by phone if necessary. This includes initial consultations, entity formations, asset protection reviews, and most document preparation. Our process:
(1) Article. We suggest that you read our web article pertaining to your legal issue to learn about the law applicable to your case. See our library of articles on the Home page.
(2) Inquiry. Briefly describe your case or situation. Who is involved? When and where does it occur? What dollar amount is involved? Also, what is the goal of your inquiry – a consultation? Document preparation? Asset protection or LLC formation?
(3) Response. Our response will be in the form of brief preliminary comments (not a consultation or legal opinion).
(4) You Choose What Happens Next. If you are ready to order a document, service, or other specific item, please do so and make the appropriate payment. If you do not know what document you need or what legal steps should be taken, then you should choose a residential, investor, or commercial consultation or an asset protection review (APR).
(5) Advance Payment Required. Secure Paypal and Visa/Mastercard payment options are available. You may want to include (for example) "consultation" or "deed preparation" in the payment description field. The system will generate an email acknowledgement to you if payment is successfully processed. Direct deposit to Wells Fargo is also offered.
(6) Supporting Documents. Please email or fax copies after you monetarily retain us (not before, since we will not yet have set up your file). Transmit documents in conventional scan/email fashion, each as a whole document, rather than sending pages as separate attachments (cumbersome for the recipient). For this reason, we ask that you not use jpeg format. And please avoid "data dumps" by including only relevant items. Excessively large or irrelevant document transmissions may result in a switch to our hourly rate.
(7) Our Service Follows. If a consultation, we analyze and discuss your case in a dialogue format by email (no videoconferencing available at this time). If a request for documents, then this will go into our queue in order of payment.
(8) Turnaround. Our goal is a one to two business day turnaround on consultations and document preparation projects. For timing purposes, all emails received after 5:00 p.m. CST are considered to be next business day communications. Reasonable follow-up questions and document changes are included within three calendar days, up to the time allowed (an hour for consults, two hours for APRs), after which consultations automatically conclude and any documents we have delivered are automatically considered final.
We are primarily a flat-fee office, but we also offer hourly billing in limited cases. If you know what services or documents you need, we are ready to respond promptly. Just choose the item from our fee schedule and make payment, which will place your file in our queue. However, if you are uncertain of the law, would like your case or situation evaluated, need to have existing documentation reviewed, or wish to discuss your legal options, then a consultation is your best first step. Entry-level online fees include:
Residential Real Estate Consultation (Pertaining to the one's homestead) - $225 for sales price or issues up to $600,000; $295 to 1.1M; $375 over 1.1M
Detailed description of a Residential Consultation
Real Estate Investor Consultation (Not an asset protection review) - $275 for sales price or issues up to $600,000; $325 to 1.1M; $450 over 1.1M
Detailed description of a Commercial/Investor Consultation
Commercial Consultation (Commercial properties and transactions) - $325 for sales price or issues up to $600,000; $375 to 1.1M; $450 over 1.1M
Detailed description of a Commercial/Investor Consultation
Asset Protection Review (APR) (Dialogue to discuss your optimal structure ) - $750 for net assets/issues/amounts up to $600,000; $950 to 1.1M; $1,500 up to 5M; in excess of 5M - $2,500
Detailed description of an Asset Protection Review
This is a partial list. A comprehensive list of our services and associated fees can be found at Fees & Policies. Please go there if you do not see the service you need listed above. Our goal is complete transparency on the subject of fees, so please ask if in doubt. Since advising on real estate law and asset protection is our core business, we are unable to offer free consultations, whether online, by phone, or in the office.
What to Expect
Our goal with consultations is to thoroughly discuss the legal issues involved and respond to your questions. It is not necessary to set a specific appointment time. Both consultation requests and document preparation requests go into our queue in the order in which payment is made. Turn-around time on consultations and most document preparation projects is usually one to two business days from the time we receive all necessary information and payment from the client.
The residential, investor, and commercial consults shown above may involve up to one hour of attorney time. APRs and litigation reviews are typically more extensive and may take up to two hours of attorney time. Three calendar days is then allowed for changes to any documents we have prepared, or for consultation Q&A (up to the maximum time allotted). Consultations automatically conclude and documents are automatically considered final after three calendar days. Copies of supporting documents can be emailed or faxed to (832) 201-5327. A supplementary phone call is available after the email discussion but is limited to 20 minutes.
Please visit Fees & Policies for terms of service that apply to all clients in place of individual fee agreements or engagement letters. Fees and policies are subject to change without notice or requirement that they first be posted on this website.
Online providers of goods and services from Amazon to eBay require advance payment, and we do as well. Secure payment options include credit/debit and Paypal. Visa and Mastercard are handled by Wells Fargo merchant card processing, so your card information remains confidential. Wire and direct deposit to Wells Fargo are also available. Sorry, we do not accept personal or business checks including e-checks; installment payment plans; pre-paid legal insurance; or Chase Quick Pay.
New cases are prioritized in the order in which payment is received. We value your inquiry, but do not open a file, download attachments, or begin work until payment is made.
Our practice includes Texas real estate transactions (residential, investor, and commercial), business law (contracts and entity formation), trusts, and asset protection including LLC formation in Texas and Nevada. However, we do not handle bankruptcy or other federal matters, probate, securities law, divorce, patent or copyright law, immigration, insurance, or tax law. We are not affiliated with a title company, so we do not conduct title searches, in-office closings, or issue title policies. Although our clientele is statewide, certain services are available only in the Houston area. Finally, we do not offer tax or accounting advice. Consult a qualified tax advisor in conjunction with legal advice.
Business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, holidays excepted. We are available to receive and respond to inquiries and emails during these hours, and this is how we define a "business day" for purposes of turnaround. Evening emails from clients are considered received on the next business day. Weekend services may be available for a 20% surcharge.
Please provide a concise summary of your case so we can determine if there will be a good match between your legal issues and the professional services we provide. We sincerely want to hear about your case but respectfully make the following requests:
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form to request free legal advice. Advising on real estate law and asset protection is our core business for which we charge. We do not respond to requests for free legal advice.
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form simply to ask that we call you. A phone call may be included as part of a paid online consult; however, no free attorney telephone time is available. Responses to initial inquiries are by email only.
Thank you for following our online process and limiting your initial inquiry to 200 words. Your inquiry is confidential. Our response may come from a legal assistant or one of our qualified associated attorneys. We look forward to being of service to you and resolving your legal issues.
Our phone is (713) 621-3100 – but we again ask that you please use the Client Inquiry Form since all inquiries and new cases are processed through this website, not by phone. Our address for mail and delivery purposes is 330 Rayford Rd. # 401, Spring, TX 77386. This is a UPS store we contract with to receive and sort the large quantity of mail we receive as a result of representing hundreds of companies as their registered agent. It is not for in-office appointments. For our office address see Location.