Our online inquiry process is easy and efficient. Routine tasks are handled exclusively online, supplemented by phone if necessary. This includes initial consultations, entity formations, asset protection reviews, and most document preparation. We no longer review, accept, or discuss new cases by phone or by in-office meeting. Our process:
(1) Article. We suggest that you read our web article pertaining to your legal issue to learn about the law applicable to your case. See our library of articles on the Home page.
Consultations and Document Preparation
(2) Inquiry. Send us a concise inquiry using the Client Inquiry Form below.
(3) Response. We will respond with brief comments (not a consultation or legal opinion).
(4) You Choose What Happens Next. If ready to order a document, service, or other specific item from our fee schedule, please go ahead and do so. If you do not know what document you need or what legal steps should be taken, then you should choose a residential or commercial consultation or an asset protection review (APR).
(5) Advance Payment Required. Secure Paypal and Visa/Mastercard payment options are available. You may want to include (for example) "consultation" or "deed preparation" in the payment description field. The system will generate an email acknowledgement to you if payment is successfully processed. Direct deposit to Wells Fargo is also offered.
(6) Supporting Documents. Please email or fax copies after you retain us as your attorney (not before, since we will not yet have set up your file). Transmit documents in conventional scan/email fashion, each as a single document, rather than sending multiple pages all as separate attachments (very cumbersome for the recipient). For this reason, we ask that you not use jpeg format. And please avoid "data dumps" by including only relevant items. Excessively large or irrelevant document transmissions may result in switching from a flat fee to our hourly rate.
(7) Our Service Follows. If a consultation, we analyze and discuss your case in a dialogue format by email (no videoconferencing available at this time). If a request for documents, then this will go into our queue in order of payment.
(8) Turnaround. Our goal is a one to two business day turnaround on consultations and document preparation projects. For timing purposes, all emails received after 5:00 p.m. CST are considered to be next business day communications. Reasonable follow-up questions and document changes are included within three calendar days, after which consultations automatically conclude and any documents we have delivered are automatically considered final.
Consultations and document preparation requests go into our queue in the order in which payment is made. It is not necessary to set a specific appointment time.Turn-around time on consultations and most document preparation projects is one to two business days from the time we receive all necessary information and payment from the client. A period of three calendar days (including weekends but excluding holidays) is allowed for Q&A or changes and corrections to any documents we may prepare. Consultations automatically conclude and documents are considered final after three calendar days. Copies of supporting documents can be emailed or faxed to (832) 201-5327. Supplementary phone calls, if needed, are limited to 20 minutes.
Entry-Level Online Fees
We are primarily a flat-fee office. In cases where hourly billing is appropriate, the rate is $350. If you do not know what sort of services or documents you may need, are uncertain of the law, would like your case or situation evaluated, or need to have existing documentation reviewed before proceeding, then a consultation is likely your appropriate first step. Consultation fees are:
Fee Policies that Apply to All Clients
|Residential Real Estate Consultation
Pertaining to one's personal homestead
(up to 1 hour of attorney time)
$225 for sales price or issues up to
$600,000; $275 to 1.1M; $375 over 1.1M
|Detailed description of a residential consultation
|Commercial Real Estate Consultation
Pertaining to business issues/investments
(up to 1 hour of attorney time)
$275 for sales price or issues up to
$600,000; $375 to 1.1M; $475 over 1.1M
|Detailed description of a commercial consultation
|Asset Protection Review (APR)
Dialogue to discuss your optimal structure
or asset defense (up to 1.5 hours)
$350 for net assets/issues/amounts up to
$600,000; $550 to 1.1M; $750 up to 5M
|Detailed description of the APR
Please visit and read our Fees & Policies page since it not only lists our fees but includes non-negotiable terms of service applicable to all clients in place of individual fee agreements or engagement letters. Fees and policies are subject to change without notice or requirement that they first be posted on this website. All quoted fees exclude filing fees and other costs. Fees for in-office services (see Location) are higher than for services rendered online. Our goal is complete transparency on the subject of legal fees, so please ask if you are in doubt.
Online providers of goods and services, from Amazon to eBay, require advance payment and we do as well. New cases are prioritized in the order in which payment is received. Until payment is made, we do not open a file, make a record of your inquiry, or download attachments. We do not offer free consultations or any form of free attorney time, whether online, by phone, or in the office.
Payment options are at Payment and include Paypal, Visa, and Mastercard. Direct deposit to our operating account at Wells Fargo is also available. Sorry, we do not accept personal or business checks including e-checks; installment plans for the payment of legal fees; pre-paid legal insurance plans; or Chase Quick Pay.
We handle a broad range of transactions and cases pertaining to Texas real estate law (residential and commercial), business law (contracts and transactions) and asset protection (entity and trust formation in Texas and Nevada). A comprehensive list of legal services is available at Fees & Policies. There are, however, limitations on the scope of our practice. We do not handle bankruptcy or other federal matters; probate, securities law, divorce, patent or copyright law, immigration, insurance, or tax law; we are not a title company, so we do not conduct title searches or issue title policies; we do not work with appraisal district valuation cases or appeals; and we do not represent clients in loan modification disputes with banks. We litigate and do foreclosures and evictions only in the Houston area. No book keeping, accounting, or tax advice is offered at all. We suggest you consult a qualified tax advisor in conjunction with legal advice you may receive.
We operate during customary business hours - 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, holidays excepted. We are available to receive and respond to inquiries and emails during these hours - and this is how we define a "business day" for purposes of turnaround. Evening emails from clients are considered received on the next business day. Weekend services may be available on a limited basis for an appropriate surcharge.
Ready to Proceed?
Please provide a concise summary of your case so we can determine if there will be a good match between your legal issues and the professional services we provide. We sincerely want to hear about your case but respectfully make the following requests:
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form to request free legal advice. Advising on real estate law and asset protection is part of our core business. We charge for professional services.
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form simply to ask that we call you. No free attorney telephone time is available. However, a phone call may be included as part of a paid online consult.
Thank you for following our online process and limiting your initial inquiry to 200 words. Your inquiry is confidential. Our response may come from a legal assistant or one of our qualified associated attorneys. We look forward to being of service to you and resolving your legal issues.
Our phone is (713) 621-3100 – but we again ask that you please use the Client Inquiry Form since all inquiries and new cases are processed through this website, not by phone. Our address for mail and delivery purposes is 330 Rayford Rd. # 401, Spring, TX 77386. This is a UPS store we contract with to receive and sort the large quantity of mail we receive as a result of representing hundreds of companies as their registered agent. It is not for in-office appointments.