Available Legal Services
We handle a broad range of transactions and cases pertaining to Texas real estate law (residential and commercial), business law (contracts and transactions) and asset protection (entity and trust formation in Texas and Nevada). A comprehensive list of legal services is available at Fees & Policies. Note that high demand makes it impossible for us to offer free consultations or any form of free attorney time, whether online, by phone, or in the office.
There are limitations on the scope of our practice. We do not handle bankruptcy or other federal matters; probate, securities law, divorce, patent or copyright law, immigration, insurance, or tax law; we are not a title company, so we do not conduct title searches or issue title policies; we do not work with appraisal district valuation cases or appeals; and we do not represent clients in loan modification disputes with their banks. Note that Mr. Willis is not an accountant, CPA, or tax attorney and does not offer book keeping, accounting, or tax advice at all. We suggest you consult a qualified tax advisor on such matters in conjunction with legal advice you may receive from us.
Our Online Process
The internet has revolutionized the way many law firms do business and we are no exception. Beginning this year, routine tasks – including all initial consultations, entity formations, asset protection reviews, and most document preparation – are handled exclusively online, supplemented by phone if necessary. We no longer review, accept, or discuss new cases by phone or by in-office meeting.
Our online process is easy and efficient. Let us know basic details in 200 words or less and we will respond with preliminary remarks (not a consultation or legal opinion). The next step, if you choose, is a paid consultation, an order for document preparation, an asset protection review (APR), or a request that we form an entity for your business. It is not necessary to set a specific appointment time. Online consultations and APRs may be spread over a maximum of three calendar days for Q&A before automatically concluding. Turn-around on consultation questions and most document preparation projects is usually one to two business days from the time we receive payment and all necessary information from the client. Copies of supporting documents can be emailed or faxed to (832) 201-5327. Supplementary phone calls, if needed, are limited to 20 minutes.
Entry-Level Online Fees
We are primarily a flat-fee office. An ordinary deed, for example, is $250 excluding filing. In cases where hourly billing is appropriate, the rate is $350. If you do not know what sort of services or documents you may need, are uncertain of the law, would like your case or situation evaluated, or need to have existing documentation reviewed before proceeding, then a consultation is the appropriate first step. Consultation fees are:
|Residential Real Estate Consultation
Pertaining to one's personal homestead
(up to 1 hour of attorney time)
$225 for sales price or issues up to
$600,000; $275 to 1.1M; $375 over 1.1M
|Commercial Real Estate Consultation
Pertaining to business issues/investments
(up to 1 hour of attorney time)
$275 for sales price or issues up to
$600,000; $375 to 1.1M; $475 over 1.1M
|Asset Protection Review (APR)
Dialogue to discuss your optimal structure
or asset defense (up to 1.5 hours)
$350 for net assets/issues/amounts up to
$600,000; $550 to 1.1M; $750 up to 5M
Please visit and read our Fees & Policies page since it includes our non-negotiable terms of service applicable to allclients, without exception, in place of individual fee agreements or engagement letters. Fees and policies are subject to change without notice or requirement that they first be posted on this website. All quoted fees exclude filing fees and other costs. Fees for in-office services (see Location) are higher than for services rendered online. Our goal is complete transparency on the subject of legal fees, so please ask if you are in doubt.
Online providers of goods and services, from Amazon to eBay, require advance payment and we do as well. We do not begin work until payment is received, nor do we send bills after the fact. It is payment that puts your task in the queue and causes us to open a file, make a record of any case information you may send, and download your attachments. Our queue prioritizes matters in the order in which payments are received.
Payment options are at Make Payment and include Paypal, Visa, and Mastercard. Direct deposit to our operating account at Wells Fargo is also available. Sorry, we do not accept personal or business checks including e-checks; installment plans for the payment of legal fees; pre-paid legal insurance plans; or Chase Quick Pay.
Confidentiality is assured at all times. However, an attorney-client relationship is not established until we accept your case and payment is received. Until then, (1) our comments are general in nature and do not constitute specific legal advice on which anyone may rely; and (2) we do not represent you and have no obligation to provide legal services or take any action on your case.
We consult with clients and deliver real estate and business documents all over Texas – indeed the world, since many Texans live in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. However, at present, we litigate and do foreclosures and evictions only in the Houston area.
Hours of Operation
We operate during customary business hours – 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, holidays excepted. We are available to receive and respond to inquiries and emails during these hours – and this is how we define a "business day" for purposes of turnaround. Evening emails from clients are considered received on the next business day. Weekend services may be available on a limited basis for an appropriate surcharge.
Ready to Proceed?
(1) Article. We suggest that you read our web article pertaining to your legal issue to learn about the law applicable to your case.
(2) Inquiry. Send us a concise inquiry using the Client Inquiry Form below.
(3) Response. We will respond with brief comments (not a consultation or legal opinion).
(4) You Choose What Happens Next. If ready to order a document, service, or other specific item from our fee schedule, please go ahead and do so. If you do not know what document you need or what legal steps should be taken, then you should choose a residential consultation, a commercial consultation, a litigation review, or an asset protection review.
(5) Advance Payment Required. Secure Paypal and Visa/Mastercard payment options are available. You may want to include (for example) “consultation” or “deed preparation” in the payment description field. The system will generate an email acknowledgement to you if payment is successfully processed. Direct deposit to Wells Fargo is also offered.
(6) Supporting Documents. Please email or fax copies of these after making payment (not before, since we will not yet have set up your file). Transmit documents in conventional scan/email fashion, each as a single document, rather than sending multiple pages all as separate attachments (very cumbersome for the recipient). For this reason, do not use jpeg format. And please avoid “data dumps” by including only relevant items. Excessively large document transmissions may result in switching from a flat fee to our $350 hourly rate.
(7) Our Service Follows. If a consultation, we analyze and discuss your case in a dialogue format by email (no videoconferencing available at this time). If a request for documents, then this will go into our queue and be prepared in order of payment.
(8) Turnaround. Consultations are usually handled within one business day. Our goal is a one to two business day turnaround on document preparation projects. For timing purposes, all emails received after 5:30 p.m. CST are considered to be next business day communications. Reasonable follow-up questions and document changes are included within three calendar days, after which consultations automatically conclude and any documents we have delivered are automatically considered final.
Our phone is (713) 621-3100 – but we again ask that you please use the Client Inquiry Form since all inquiries and new cases are processed through this website, not by phone. Our address for mail and delivery purposes is 330 Rayford Rd. # 401, Spring, TX 77386. This is a UPS store we contract with to receive and sort the large quantity of mail we receive as a result of representing hundreds of companies as their registered agent. It is not for in-office appointments.
Please Complete the Client Inquiry Form
All new clients are accepted by means of the Client Inquiry Form below. Please provide a concise summary of your case so we can determine if there will be a good match between you, your legal issues, and the professional services we provide. We sincerely want to hear about your case but respectfully make the following requests:
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form to request free legal advice. Advising on real estate law and asset protection is part of our core business. We charge for professional services.
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form simply to ask that we call you. No free attorney telephone time is available. However, a phone call may be included as part of a paid consult.
Please do not request discounts or attempt to negotiate fees. Our fees are reasonable in light of our unique specialties and consistent with fees charged by other experienced board-certified attorneys.
Note that we will be unable to assist you unless you indicate your agreement to our terms of service by checking the “I agree” box.
Thank you for following our online process and limiting your initial inquiry to 200 words. Our response may come from a legal assistant or one of our qualified associated attorneys. We look forward to being of service to you and resolving your legal issues.