Our online inquiry process is easy, efficient, and popular with clients (read our Google reviews). Routine tasks are handled exclusively online (not in the office) supplemented by phone if necessary. This includes initial consultations, entity formations, asset protection reviews, and most document preparation. Our process:
(1) Article. We suggest that you read our web article pertaining to your legal issue to learn about the law applicable to your case. See our library of articles on the Home page.
Entry-Level Online Fees
(2) Inquiry. Send us a concise inquiry using the Client Inquiry Form below.
(3) Response. We will respond with brief comments (not a consultation or legal opinion).
(4) You Choose What Happens Next. If ready to order a document, service, or other specific item from our fee schedule, please go ahead and do so. If you do not know what document you need or what legal steps should be taken, then you should choose a residential or commercial consultation or an asset protection review (APR).
(5) Advance Payment Required. Secure Paypal and Visa/Mastercard payment options are available. You may want to include (for example) "consultation" or "deed preparation" in the payment description field. The system will generate an email acknowledgement to you if payment is successfully processed. Direct deposit to Wells Fargo is also offered.
(6) Supporting Documents. Please email or fax copies after you retain us (not before, since we will not yet have set up your file). Transmit documents in conventional scan/email fashion, each as a whole document, rather than sending pages as separate attachments (cumbersome for the recipient). For this reason, we ask that you not use jpeg format. And please avoid "data dumps" by including only relevant items. Excessively large or irrelevant document transmissions may result in a switch to our hourly rate.
(7) Our Service Follows. If a consultation, we analyze and discuss your case in a dialogue format by email (no videoconferencing available at this time). If a request for documents, then this will go into our queue in order of payment.
(8) Turnaround. Our goal is a one to two business day turnaround on consultations and document preparation projects. For timing purposes, all emails received after 5:00 p.m. CST are considered to be next business day communications. Reasonable follow-up questions and document changes are included within three calendar days, after which consultations automatically conclude and any documents we have delivered are automatically considered final.
If you know what services or documents you need, we are ready to respond promptly. However, if you are uncertain of the law, would like your case or situation evaluated, or need to have existing documentation reviewed before proceeding, then a consultation is your best first step. Consultation fees are:
Residential Real Estate Consultation
Pertaining to one's personal homestead (up to 1 hour of attorney time)
$225 for sales price or issues up to $600,000; $325 to 1.1M; $425 over 1.1M
Detailed description of a Residential Consultation
Pertaining to business issues/investments (up to 1 hour of attorney time)
$275 for sales price or issues up to $600,000; $375 to 1.1M; $475 over 1.1M
Detailed description of a Commercial/Investor Consultation
Asset Protection Review (APR)
Dialogue to discuss your optimal structure or asset defense (up to 1.5 hours)
$350 for net assets/issues/amounts up to $600,000; $550 to 1.1M; $750 up to 5M
Detailed description of an Asset Protection Review
We are primarily a flat-fee office. For a list of fees and available services, go to Fees & Policies. Since not all cases are compatible with the flat-fee concept, we also offer hourly billing at $350 with a two-hour minimum. Legal fees exclude filing fees and other costs. Our goal is complete transparency on the subject of fees, so please ask if in doubt.
Consultations and Document Preparation: What to Expect
Our goal with consultations is to thoroughly discuss legal issues and respond to questions. It is not necessary to set a specific appointment time. Both consultation requests and document preparation requests go into our queue in the order in which payment is made. Turn-around time on consultations and most document preparation projects is usually one to two business days from the time we receive all necessary information and payment from the client. Three calendar days (including weekends but excluding holidays) is then allowed for Q&A or changes and corrections to any documents we may prepare. Consultations automatically conclude and documents are considered final after three calendar days. Copies of supporting documents can be emailed or faxed to (832) 201-5327. Supplementary phone calls are available if needed but are limited to 20 minutes.
Fees & Policies that Apply to All Clients
Please visit Fees & Policies for terms of service that apply to all clients in place of individual fee agreements or engagement letters. Fees and policies are subject to change without notice or requirement that they first be posted on this website.
Online providers of goods and services from Amazon to eBay require advance payment, and we do as well. Secure payment options include credit/debit and Paypal. Visa and Mastercard are handled by Wells Fargo merchant card processing, so your card information remains confidential. Wire and direct deposit to Wells Fargo are also available. Sorry, we do not accept personal or business checks including e-checks; installment payment plans; pre-paid legal insurance; or Chase Quick Pay.
New cases are prioritized in the order in which payment is received. We value your inquiry, but do not open a file, download attachments, or begin work until payment is made.
Our law practice includes Texas real estate transactions (residential and commercial), business law (contracts and entity formation), trusts, and asset protection including LLC formation in Texas and Nevada. We do not handle bankruptcy or other federal matters, probate, securities law, divorce, patent or copyright law, immigration, insurance, or tax law. We are not affiliated with a title company, so we do not conduct title searches or issue title policies. Although our clientele is statewide, certain services may be available only in the Houston area. Finally, we do not offer tax or accounting advice. Please consult a qualified tax advisor in conjunction with any legal advice you may receive.
Business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, holidays excepted. We are available to receive and respond to inquiries and emails during these hours, and this is how we define a "business day" for purposes of turnaround. Evening emails from clients are considered received on the next business day. Weekend services may be available for a 20% surcharge.
Please provide a concise summary of your case so we can determine if there will be a good match between your legal issues and the professional services we provide. We sincerely want to hear about your case but respectfully make the following requests:
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form to request free legal advice. Advising on real estate law and asset protection is our core business for which we charge. We do not respond to requests for free legal advice.
Please do not use the Client Inquiry Form simply to ask that we call you. A phone call may be included as part of a paid online consult; however, no free attorney telephone time is available. Responses to initial inquiries are by email only.
Thank you for following our online process and limiting your initial inquiry to 200 words. Your inquiry is confidential. Our response may come from a legal assistant or one of our qualified associated attorneys. We look forward to being of service to you and resolving your legal issues.
Our phone is (713) 621-3100 – but we again ask that you please use the Client Inquiry Form since all inquiries and new cases are processed through this website, not by phone. Our address for mail and delivery purposes is 330 Rayford Rd. # 401, Spring, TX 77386. This is a UPS store we contract with to receive and sort the large quantity of mail we receive as a result of representing hundreds of companies as their registered agent. It is not for in-office appointments.